Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy days are here again...

This week has been wonderful...reading good books, starting school again, feeding animals, getting eggs (well, 3 or 4 a day, anyway), playing on the climbing wall, sitting by warm fires, and drinking hot coffee... ahhh, bliss!


Feather has to check out Hannah's wares.


Feather must have liked what Hannah was selling because she went back and got the whole gang!


Eden is the best chicken catcher and the best milker around! You have to see it to believe it!


The boys can't resist throwing corn to (more appropriately at!) the chickens!


This is Isaiah. That should be enough of a description!


I think I love her more each day...


The adventure of the day, the warm fire, and a few chapters of Prince Caspian make for a sleepy fellow...


And as I sit here writing warming my back to this very fire, I wanted to leave you with some lines from one of my favorite books, The Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold:

"It is this sunlight that is now being released, through the intervention of my axe and saw, to warm my shack and my spirit through eighty gusts of blizzard. And with each gust a wisp of smoke from my chimney bears witness, to whomsoever it may concern, that the sun did not shine in vain."

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Isaiah's foot has gotten SO big!! And Hannah Belle's little cheeks are so cute and rosey. I can't wait any longer to see you all---

    ReplyDelete
  2. why can't i live right next door!?? love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love The Pics! I Love You all!

    Love,
    Kay(Kailey)

    ReplyDelete